NIAGARA FALLS - Epic Way To Wear A Poncho
As more and more Ontarians get vaccinated, the province is continuing to cautiously reopen allowing for more indoor and outdoor activities while gradually lifting restrictions. Needless to say, people have been dying to go anywhere after being stuck at home for the longest while. Which is why I was asked about Niagara Falls again. I still know of the same 3 options but with just a few updates.
1. Take the GO train and back. The Niagara Seasonal GO Train Service was back on track this year since June 26th, 2021 and runs on weekends and holiday Mondays.
Round trip ticket from $25.00 per person or $62.50 per group (2 adults & 3 kids, or 1 adult & 4 kids) includes:
· Round trip GO train ticket to Niagara
· 2-day access to WEGO, the hop-on hop-off bus service
The package basically covers your transportation going to and around the city of Niagara so attraction tickets are extra. Also, be mindful of the Train Schedule so you don’t miss your train going back.
2. Perhaps the best way to experience Niagara Falls on a schedule and on a budget is to go on a guided tour. For example, Queen Tour has a daily small-group Niagara Falls Tour from Toronto at per person rate of $89.00 which includes the following at no extra cost:
· Scenic drive through the Niagara Parkway and around the Niagara-on-the-Lake region.
· Free wine tasting in the Niagara Wine Region.
· Seasonal stops and photo opportunities at the Niagara Whirlpool Rapids, Queenston Heights, the Hydro Station, a local farmers market and other key locations.
During your free time, you can enjoy any of the below other attractions (cost extra) Niagara has to offer:
· Niagara Falls Helicopter Ride
· And more!
They’re also accommodating private tours.
3. Go there at your own leisure. From Toronto East, drive approximately 1.5 hours via Highway 407 & QEW. No inclusions. All costs extra, e.g. gas, parking, tickets, etc.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, restrictions are in place --- including some of the sites being temporarily closed. Also, online package sales are temporarily unavailable. Tickets are currently only available onsite in order to effectively manage capacities. Click here for more information about what is open and their safety measures.
You can start planning your trip with this helpful link - https://www.niagaraparks.com/